2/14/2010

love letters + tulips

Valentine's Day has arrived yet again. Though I love big bouquets of flowers (what girl dosen't!) and beautifully printed cards (well of course!), this year I found myself constantly thinking of how Valentine's Day USED to be. You know . . . hand cut construction paper . . . heart shaped paper doilies . . . elementary school valentine boxes made from empty tissue boxes . . . handwritten love letters . . .  or, even better, typewriter typed love letters.
This year I offered a special "love letter" service with my Valentine's Day cards. The desired card had a custom "typed" love letter as the inside greeting. The card was then tied up with red and white baker's twine before being stuffed in a matching red envelope. The envelope was then "type" addressed with a little "don't open till Feb. 14" message, stamped using a current USPS Love Stamp and mailed off just in time for V-day.

Since my boyfriend watched me do these sweet love letters, I had to come up with a different plan for him. Knowing that I'm going to be screen printing a wedding invitation in a month or so with my Gocco, I had the perfect excuse for practicing! (I've only used my Gocco a couple of times, and it definitely takes practice!) In exchange for my simple little Gocco "be mine" card, my sweet boyfriend (who really hates Valentine's Day) brought me tulips along with a card. I love tulips! But the card . . . 4 simple printed words along with his own handwritten "love letter." What a perfect, perfect gift. <3



No comments: