6/29/2010

14 dresses

Have you seen the movie '27 Dresses'? If you're female, I know you have! It's one of those ubber chick flicks that wraps up the ending in a big fat bow. Though I usually don't like such predictable movies, this storyline really struck a cord with me (and was surprisingly good!). For those of you that haven't seen the movie, Katherine Heigl's character, Jane, has been in 27 weddings and therefore has 27 bridesmaids dresses. Some pretty . . . some not so pretty. 


So you probably already know that I've been designing custom wedding invitations for about 5 years now. But what you may not know is that, much like Jane, I've also been in my fair share of weddings . . . 14 to be exact. (Now you see why a cord was struck, right?) I know being in 14 weddings sounds somewhat ridiculous, but I'm from a huge Italian family and got started young! 

(my first custom wedding design) 

Well I'm thrilled to let you all know that after designing countless wedding invitations for other people and wearing 14 dresses, I'll be putting on my 15th dress in the spring of 2011. On our 5 year anniversary of meeting, Ben asked me to marry to him! 

Always a bridesmaid . . .  and 14 dresses later, a bride.  

7 comments:

Erin Elizabeth said...

I love this! Love the site...designs and your story :) Congrats to both of you!!!

Tanya said...

Congrats!! I always wondered what it would be like designing my own invites. Now you get to do it! :)

evince design said...

Thank you both! I'm really excited but crazy nervous to design my own invites. You'd think I'd be ready for this, but I've got TOO MANY ideas!! HA!

Unknown said...

Such a cute and sweet story to share! I can not wait to see the invitations you design for this occasion! I bet they will be as beautiful as you are!

Jenn
....aka Tammy :)

Unknown said...

U are the cutest, ever...I love how you have woven your passions together & are living such an authentic life...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
evince design said...

Thanks Tam & Mich! Thanks for the love and thanks for following me!!