5/19/2010

NSS EX : day 6 ~ THIRD SHOW DAY

I was worried this morning when I realized it was raining . . . 

It rained ALL day. Sadly, it even rained inside of Javits which was really bad for a lot of booths. Some people literally had to shut down to keep their products from being destroyed. This is yet another reason I'm in love with our booth location. We are not only by the coolest neighbors EVER . . . **Hard Cards and Tiselle** . . . but we are also one of 3 rows in the entire center that have an extra low ceiling. This helped a ton with lighting! We didn't even need extra lights in the booth. And now, the low ceiling was sheltering us from a very leaky roof!


Considering the rain issues, the third show day was a pretty positive day for us. We got to the booth to see that the flowers were still kickin'. Awesome! Also, we were pleased to see that the rain didn't keep as many people away as feared. We met with several possible retailers and licensing companies. We gave out a lot more catalogs and price lists today as well.


The most exciting part of the day, however, was when Kristen from Paper Crave came by my booth! Her blog is my absolute favorite, so it was a huge honor that she came to see my stuff in person. **So nice to meet you, Kristen and Erin!**

At the end of the day, we had the chance to be the buyer for a bit. We went over to the supply-side for wine, beer and wholesale supplier shopping. This is something I was really looking forward to as a vendor at the NSS. Ben and I were able to meet with several printers, paper and envelope suppliers, and shipping companies. I can't wait to get home and really look into these possible new options.

We finally got a chance to go look through all the Best New Product Displays and take some pics. Just in case I didn't fully explain, the Best New Product Display is right when you walk into the Javits Convention Center and before you are able to walk into the actual show. It is a great way to get in the buyer's face before they become overwhelmed with the hundreds of vendors at the show. There are only 7 categories and only a certain amount of displays allowed in the showing. Though I did not win any of the categories, I was really excited to be in the display at all. I had several retailers say they came to the booth after seeing my items in the display!

Here you can see my Kid Stickers on display under the big sign.


 Here are my 6 entries. 
(Sorry for the terrible photos! The rainy and overcast day kept the sun from shining down on them.)



After the show, Ben and I ate a lovely dinner at an awesome little restaurant across from the hotel. Two glasses of wine . . . and night-night time shortly followed.

No comments: