5/20/2010

NSS EX : it's a wrap

Well, the show's over and we're exhausted in every way possible. I really want to thank everyone for the amazing amount of support and love shown to Ben and I. It means more than you'll ever know! I apologize for my lack of returned phone calls, text messages, emails, facebook and twitter messages. Again, you've all been amazingly supportive and loving! I will be taking a little break from the blog (and probably from my phone, email, twitter and facebook) to catch up on work that I had to put on hold, sleep that is very much missed, and overall reflection. I will do my best to get back to all of you in the coming weeks. But for now . . . I'm pooped! :)

**I'd like to do a quick explanation of the NSS, as I think some people may be a bit confused.** 
The National Stationery Show is not a flea market or craft fair of any kind. It is a wholesale market of stationery, invitation and gift companies. I was an exhibitor, and therefore selling my stationery to retail store owners at wholesale prices (without tax) and wholesale quantities (large quantities of single designs). You can not attend the show unless you are a buyer with a resale license or a member of the press. Nothing can be individually sold at this market. All orders must be shipped to the client in the weeks following the show. Retailers can NOT take any product from the show. The NSS is open to retailers from all over the world . . . not just NYC. We spoke with buyers from states as far away as Texas and California, as well as buyers from Brazil and Paris. Since this is such a huge show (around 900 exhibitors, 10,000 buyers, and 300 members of the press), retailers may wait to go home and internet research new sellers before placing orders. This is why I was constantly reminded that I may not get orders at the actual show. With all of that said, I will give it a few months before I make my final assessment on the NSS and decide whether to attend again next year. I'll keep you posted! Thanks for following our progress at the NSS!

No comments: